With the Chevrolet Remote Starter, you're always in the driver's seat with technology that allows you to start your vehicle with the MyCar App or key fob up to a distance of 2,000 feet.
The Chevrolet Remote Start kit comes complete with all the components you'll need to install into your vehicle successfully.
MPC's High-Quality Chevrolet Remote Starter
If your Chevrolet doesn't have a remote start, you can install our remote starter kit for almost any year, make, model, and ignition type for your Chevrolet vehicle.
Here are some remote starters for Chevrolet with Push-To-Start Ignition:
Here are some remote starters for Chevrolet with Key-Start Ignition:
Chevrolet owners may have questions regarding remote starters. Once you own a Chevrolet remote start, you will soon get acquainted with all its features. But here are few common questions that you may have if you are considering to upgrade your vehicle.
How Do I Turn On My Chevrolet Remote Start?
Your Factory Chevrolet key fob must be within a distance no greater than 197 feet. Next, you will want to press the LOCK button on your key fob, then press and hold the START button for some seconds. Once you have completed this, your vehicle's engine will start. And the temperature of your car will adjust to your pre-set temperature.
If your Chevrolet vehicle has the proper equipment installed and you have the MyCar App downloaded to your phone, then you will do the following to start your car:
- Once you have clicked the MyCar App icon, click KEY FOB at the top of the screen, which is located directly to the right of the icon that looks like a key.
- A different screen will appear, and at the top of the screen, it will read Remote Commands. The available commands will vary by the type of capabilities offered with your Chevrolet Vehicle.
- A Remote Command on your screen will be - Locks. This command will allow you to LOCK and UNLOCK your Vehicle.
- You'll need to enter a pin to lock or unlock your vehicle using the MyCar App. Once you have entered the correct pin, the app will execute your command.
- Under Remote Commands, another control on your screen will read - Engine. If your Chevrolet vehicle is adequately equipped, then this command will allow you to remotely START or STOP your vehicle's engine
- Clicking START will prompt a reminder to USE remote start when safe and legal. If it is safe and legal to start your engine, click Continue, and your vehicle's engine will start.
- Click the LEARN MORE option at the bottom of the Remote Commands page to learn more about the commands on your MyCar App.
How Does the Chevrolet Remote Start Work?
To get in your Chevrolet vehicle after starting the engine using the remote starter on your key fob, you need to unlock the vehicle.
To put your Chevrolet vehicle in drive or utilize settings like temperature control, you'll insert your key into the vehicle's ignition and turn the key to position ON. After this, you'll be able to drive your Chevrolet Vehicle and adjust temperature settings as usual.
How Do I Use My Chevrolet Remote Start?
Your factory key fob must be within a distance no greater than 197 feet from your Chevrolet vehicle. If you're within the correct range of distance from your vehicle, you will want to point your key fob towards the direction of your vehicle and press the lock button, then press and hold the start button for a few seconds. Once this has been completed, your vehicle should complete the rest.
If the key hasn't been placed in the vehicle's ignition, your vehicle's engine will turn off after 15 minutes of remotely starting it.
To remotely turn your vehicle's engine off, press and hold the remote start button on your vehicle's key fob.
How Do I Set Up A Chevrolet Key Fob?
To set up the key fob for your vehicle, you will need to do the following:
- With the key to your Chevrolet vehicle, you will need to UNLOCK the door manually.
- Insert the key into the vehicle's ignition but don’t start the engine.
- On the driver's side door, press and hold the UNLOCK button. You may turn the key in your ignition to the - ON position to turn the dashboard lights on.
- While still pressing the UNLOCK button on the driver's side door, in sequence, quickly turn the key to the OFF position, back to ON, OFF, then back to the ON position.
- You may stop holding the unlock button on the driver's side door. Once you stop pressing the unlock button, you will hear the vehicle's locks engage then disengage. This sound indicates you are ready to program your key fob.
- With your Chevrolet key fob in hand, hold down the UNLOCK and LOCK buttons at the same time until you hear your vehicle's locks engage and disengage again. This sound indicates you have successfully programmed the key fob.
- Insert the key fob into the vehicle's ignition again and turn it to the ON position to end the key fob programming.